When checking out use this coupon code: SHIPDEAL to trigger free shipping so you are not charged for any shipping charges with the entry fee. If you accidentally check out and leave them in your cart we will refund them within 48 hours. Sorry for the confusion!
1st Annual Ken Martens Memorial Bass Tournament Winfield Lake, KS Sunday June 3rd 6:30am - 2:30pm to benefit the Winfield Recreation Commission
Guaranteed 1st place payout of $200. Final payout will be determined by number of entrants. Donuts provided by Daylight Donuts at morning take-off. Burgers & Hot Dogs served after conclusion of weigh-in compliments of Blue's Family Dining. Free t-shirt for all tournament participants who register by May 30th.
1st Annual Ken Martens Memorial Official Tournament Rules
1. Directors and/or Rules Committee reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone at any time.
2. ELIGIBILITY: At least one member of each team must be 18 years of age. Under age contestants must have written consent, available upon request of tournament officials, from parent or legal guardian. Each contestant must have a valid form of identification on their person. No fishing license is required since the tournament takes place during Kansas's free fishing weekend.
3. DEADLINE: Early entry deadline is May 30th, 2012. Late entries must be paid in cash and will be accepted up to take-off. No Refunds.
4. FEES: Tournament fees are $50.00 per team. Each team must submit their entry fees along with their COMPLETED entry form. All contestants must read and sign a release waiver before participation in the tournament will be allowed. Any participant can fish alone at the full entry fee. A $35.00 fee will be assessed on all returned checks.
5. SAFETY: Coast Guard approved life jackets, kill switch, and working bow and stern running lights are mandatory. Life jackets and kill switch must be worn when the boat is on plane. Breaking any state or federal boating law may be cause for disqualification.
6. BOATS: Any safe boat with working aerated livewells is allowed. All boats must meet U.S. Coast Guard and State regulations.
7. There are no limitations on fishing line, weights, or lures. All bass must be caught using a rod and reel in a legal, sporting manner. Only one rod/reel per contestant is allowed in use at any one time. No trolling, snagging, or live bait is allowed. Pork style baits and commercial scents are allowed. Dip-N-Dye is allowed. Dip nets are allowed.
8. SCORING: A maximum of four (4) bass per team may be weighed. Only largemouth/black bass, Kentucky/spotted bass or smallmouth bass are allowed. Any team bringing more than 4 fish to the weigh-in will have their catch disqualified. Once fish have been turned over to tournament officials, they become the property of the tournament and no fish may be added to the catch. Bass must measure a minimum of 15 inches or more on flat board, mouth closed in any way to get tail to touch. Total stringer weight will determine winners. A short fish is a 1 lb. penalty and loss of that fish. A 1/2 lb. penalty per dead bass will be deducted from the total weight of the stringer. The Director and/or Rules Committee reserve the right to refuse the weighing of any dead bass.
9. CULLING: No culling is allowed at the ramp area. No culling is allowed after checking in for weigh-in.
10. LATE PENALTY: Contestants late to weigh-in will be assessed a 1 lb. per minute penalty with a maximum of 10 minutes allowed. Contestants will be disqualified after 10 minutes.
11. PERMITTED FISHING AREAS: Fishing is allowed from boat only and confined to Winfield City Lake. Contestants must not depart the boat to fish or land fish. No fishing within 25 yards of another contestant's anchored boat providing the anchored boat arrived first. Both contestants must remain in the boat at all times except in the case of an emergency or life-threatening situation. In such an emergency, contestants may be removed from their boat to another contestant's boat or rescue boat. In case of boat or motor problems, one or both contestants can hitch a ride to the weigh-in with another contestant. The Tournament Director is to be notified immediately of any such problems.
12. RESTRICTING BASS: Restricting bass by any method which disallows its natural movement or travel throughout the entire impoundment is prohibited.
13. SEEDING BASS: Seeding bass captured from another impoundment is prohibited and is cause for disqualification.
14. DEADWATER: None
15. CHECK-IN: All entries must check in with tournament officials prior to launch at Motorboat cove boat ramps between 4:45am - 6:15am on the morning of the tournament. A livewell check will take place at Check-in and your boat number will be confirmed at that time.
16. TAKE OFF: Boat numbers will be assigned in the order the entries are received. Entry verification will be updated with assigned team numbers and posted weekly for viewing on the event website at www.mygearup.com/kenmartenstourney. All teams must launch the morning of the tournament from the designated launch ramps in motorboat cove. Take-off will be called out just past the no-wake bouys between the lake and motorboat cove.
17. WEIGH-IN: The weigh-in will begin at 2:30pm. Each team must check in prior to the weigh-in time with the check-in official or be assessed a late penalty. The check-in official will be in position at 2:15 pm. Each team must return to the weigh-in via boat. Trailering is not allowed until after fish have been weighed-in. Official tournament weigh bags will be provided. Contestants must use these bags to weigh their catch.
18. OFFICIAL TIME: The official timekeeper for the tournament is the Tournament Director.
19. TIES: All ties shall be decided by the total number of fish. Remaining ties will be awarded a higher placing to the team with the lowest assigned takeoff number (being the earliest paid entry). Note: Rule 16 - TAKE OFF.
20. PROTESTS: Any protest must be presented in writing and prior to the events' closing of the scales.
21. WAIVER: All contestants must sign a Waiver Form releasing all tournament officials, contestants, hosts, and sponsors from any and all claims, injuries and/or damages incurred with the 1st annual Ken Martens Memorial Bass Tournament before participation will be allowed.
22. SPORTSMANSHIP: All contestants are expected to follow high standards of sportsmanship, courtesy, safety, and conservation. Any contestant who displays poor sportsmanship, violates these rules, or any state or local laws, or brings unfavorable publicity to the sport of bass fishing will be disqualified.
23. CHEATING: Anyone who has been convicted of cheating in any other tournament or is under investigation or legal proceedings concerning other tournaments or fishing contests is not eligible to fish.
24. RULES AND LAWS: It is the sole responsibility of each contestant to know and follow all applicable tournament rules and governmental laws and regulations. Such governmental laws and regulations include those enacted or promulgated by Federal, State, or local governments.
25. ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES: Alcoholic Beverages and Illegal Drugs or illegal use of Prescription Drugs are not allowed during tournament hours and/or prior to taking polygraph.
26. DRAWINGS/PRIZES: Potential drawing winners will be selected in a random drawing from the aggregate of all qualified entries. By their entry, participants are agreeing to these rules and the decision of the Tournament Director, which is final and binding in all respects. Potential drawing winners must be present to win. Noncompliance with the rules or aforementioned forms may result in disqualification of the winner at any time. WINNER AGREES TO ACCEPT PRIZE "AS IS" AND SPONSOR MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR ANY KIND CONCERNING THE APPEARANCE, SAFETY OR PERFORMANCE OF ANY PRIZE. Odds of winning a drawing are determined by the number of qualified entries received. Federal, state and local taxes on all prizes are the sole responsibility of the winners.
Any public announcement or written notice made by the Tournament Director at the tournament site takes precedence over these written rules. By participating in this event, each person agrees that all decisions made by the Tournament Director are final and not subject to legal challenge. Prize and tackle pack specifications are subject to change without notice. All tax, title, and license expenses are the responsibility of each prize winner.
Check out these other great solutions!